This is my growing list of tools that I'm using or have used in the past. Hopefully, you'll enjoy the list and check one or two of them out.
Windows 7 Utilities
- Virtual CloneDrive --- Works with Windows 7 and is freeware. Great to mount ISOs.
- MetaEdit 2.2 --- Allows you to view and edit IIS metabase 3.0, 4.0, and (not supported) 5.0/6.0.
- TopCoder UML Tool --- An UML Tool that's pretty and free. I love using it to think through the architectural design of an application.
- Proggy Clean -- Compact programmer font; I appreciate its presentation and have used it a lot in the past.
- Consolas -- Microsoft font; I'm currently using this one to constrast against Proggy Clean.
- VisualSVN Server --- SubVersion Server provides an easy way to create and maintain SubVersion repositories. I'm using it at home and love it.
- TortioseSVN --- A SubVersion client; most notably known for its Windows Explorer integration. It's the best SubVersion client I've used to date. (I've tried a handful.)
Here's a short list of other developers who have lists of their favorite development tools: